Monday, June 22

June

Must rush, I've gotta check and double check and then re-check that I've got everythingI need for my Europe trip. Very excited! I'll be back in a month with gazillions food photos.
Again, quick comments...
After Chan's enthusiatic recommendation about the flowerpot scones, Alicia and I headed to Wayzgoose Cafe in Leura before seeing the Les Miserables musical at Springwood. Both were fantastic.

Grr, sunno why Blogger does that. Anyway, Farewell cupcakes for Therese who's leaving to work in Wagga Wagga. Again another well catered for work luncheon was had.

Maisie kindly let me borrow her Entertaiment book, and after some research John and I went to Pane e Vino at Concord. On Friday nights there is a guy that plays guitar - Flaminco style and it really adds to the atmosphere. I ordered the Fillet Mignon just os it said it was wrapped in proscuitto...it was a lotta meat. I think I ate 1 1/4 of the pieces plus a side of seasonal vegies. John helped me out with the rest after having his rather lamby tasting Lamb backstrap. Overall nice, but I wouldnt necessarily go back.

The next day it was onto the cake frenzy...I madea mud cake for the women's event that our church was running. Alison Vassallo who I had never heard of before sang beautifully and shared how God had been working in her life. The night had a chocolate theme to it too and my was there a chocolate overload. Choc foundatian, Oreo balls, Mars Bar slice, rocky road, choc cheese cake, hot chocolate, Choc fudge, Choc caramel tartlets, Choc cupcakes, Choc chip cookies and the list goes on. Soo yum.

Although Alicia knew it was the day after the choc night, Alicia was still keen to have a chocolate cake for her combined birthday with my sister. Ok so maybe I overloaded it, but it had to be done! She choose a butterfly cake from my Women's Weekly Kid's cake book, and I embelished it to a little more adult version I think. Very pleased with it, though it did takeup a lot more effort than I had expected.Irene wanted something a littel different from the standard cake and chose the Ice-cream echinda cake. This was easy as to make too thankfully. Though my Ice-magic application could have been improved. It's a wart-nosed echidna....

I found a unique natural beauty during my eatings - a heart shaped almond. That's amazing.

And so naturally I gave it to one whom is the same...

Little heart...lots of love...

No comments: