Sunday, February 6

Pear & Ginger Cheesecake

I always have trouble trying to decide what to make, luckily other people know what they like and gladly assist in this area. With two requests for cheesecake, cheesecake it was!
Thought I'd try something different and went with a Pear and Ginger Cheesecake.

The pear slices are hiding underneath the filling. I forgot to bring extra pears to decorate the cheesecake with and so after a rummage Irene found some bananas,  not that ideal but I had to pretty it up somehow.
The ginger was quite strong with a lingering aftertaste as I used Gingernut biscuits as well as ground ginger for the base. Mm punchy.
As usual I didn't follow the recipe and made a few adjustments of my own. As good and tasty as I had seen Suze's cheesecake to be, I just couldn't stomach the thought of ladening everyone's guts with too much fat. Hehe, so I replaced half the cream cheese with ricotta and used light rather than full fat sour cream. Not bad, the creamy texture was still there. The family seemed happy with the eating, I was happy with the knowledge :)

No comments: